Best Tips for Vinyl Siding Installation
If you talk about one of the most popular materials which is being used for the exteriors of buildings today, it would be vinyl siding. It is being widely used by a number of family owners as they are switching to replace their old sidings with this one. Earlier people did not opt for this option too much, but now the scenario has changed completely, and this has lead to a good amount of manufacturing in most of the countries.
If you are getting one installed in your home, you would be pleased to know that you don’t need to spend bucks on getting it done by a professional. It is quite easy to install this siding and you can do this yourself. All you need is the proper equipment and products, the necessary skills, and you’d be able to have a well installed siding that would enhance the grace of your home. Improper installation is one of the most common problems with vinyl installation these days, and this calls for the need to check for all important points before you begin with the procedure. You need to be well aware about the drainage paths and the protection of the framing lumber. This is because water at times can get behind the vinyl siding which is not good.
So what are the tools that you require for this process? The list includes things like a hammer, chalk line, level, tape measure, circular saw with a blade, tin snips, utility knife, caulk and gun, framing square, cutting and sawing table, drill, ladders, and more handy things that you may come across the need for. Make sure that the surface to which you are planning to apply the siding is very hard and as smooth as possible. Apart from this, you need to be sure that there are no leaks and cracks around the doors and windows. You must be considerate of all the fine details so that there are no possibilities for any errors. After you are done with all such details, it’s time to start with the procedure. So where should you start from? Knowing some important points will help you get it installed properly. Just follow the below mentioned steps:
1) You must pick up a high quality siding. Some people are under the impression that thicker siding is the better one. However, this is not true, and you must look for colors that are fade resistant or some good deep profile siding. This should be chosen because it looks more like wood than that of plastic.
2) Before you start, make sure that the surface is smooth and flat. However, if these are not, you can use furring strips or foam board insulation so that your exterior walls are even.
3) While installing the siding, always consider the fact that vinyl expands during summers and contracts during winters. This calls for a bit more careful approach, and so you should place the nails in the mid of the nail slots. With this, you should take care that you leave space for the thickness of the dime in between the siding and the nail head. All this should be able to slide freely.
4) If you are finding some ways to do this in an easy manner, the best way is to start with a level starting strip. For this, you need to find the lowest corner of the house, and then take the measurements up till the height which has been specified by the manufacturer. Also snap a level chalk line around the house.
5) Always remember to assemble all the important tools by your side, before you start with the work. Things will be required for cutting the siding.
6) You should follow the directions that have been laid down by the manufacturer, and check for them carefully. There may be points where you find yourself getting stuck. In this case, make sure that you take good help from the internet that will help you install the vinyl siding appropriately. Good help can be taken from the FAQs that are stated with every page that will give you good help for the same.
Installing the siding is a good way to maintain the exteriors of your home, and so you must always ensure that you do the correct way. If however, you are still finding difficulties with the installation process, it is the best to consult a professional who can do it for you. Though it will cost you some price, but a professional help will leave no space for any doubts.
Latest posts by Sanju kmr (see all)
- An Insider’s Guide to Designing Your Luxury Bathroom - January 26, 2018
- How to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient Year-Round - January 21, 2018
- A Complete Guide To Blackout Blinds - December 31, 2017