The Installation of Gas Hot Water System
Saving the ecosystem is never a difficult task, especially with the introduction of new means to live life to the fullest without causing irreversible damage to the environment. Gas hot water systems, per say, is one of the best ways you can be friendly to the environment while harvesting the same benefits provided by power-generated heating systems. This is especially applicable to areas where solar energy is limited. Also, the cost of installation is a lot cheaper than solar heating system.
Nevertheless, there are a lot of considerations you have to take before you install your gas hot water system and one is the ventilation in your home. Otherwise, you may have to face serious consequences since carbon monoxide may build up inside your home.
- Firstly, you will have to prepare all the materials necessary for you to install your gas hot water system effectively, and this includes matches, Teflon and masking tape, wooden shims, wire nuts, gas water heater, acid-free flux water heater trap fittings and 2×4 support.
- Secondly, you have to make sure that the gas and water supply is turned off, and then you have to connect a hose to the valve made for draining and empty the whole tank. Subsequently, you have to turn the water faucet on for air to enter.
- The third and more complex step is the disconnection of both the water and gas lines. In this part, you must prepare to use tools which include pipe wrenches and hacksaw.
- Then, with the use of a screw driver, you must disconnect the vent from the water by removing the screws that attach the two. Once this is done, ask for assistance in detaching the old water heater.
- Installing the new gas hot water system is the next step, and you have to make sure that there is enough space surrounding the water heater for you to be able to secure that there is proper ventilation. Another thing you have to remember is that you must place the gas water heater away from possible sources of fire such as a burner. Afterwards, you must connect the flue hat to the vent.
- The installation of the heat trap fittings comes next. Wrap it with a Teflon tape and make sure that everything is in its proper place. Use a pipe wrench to secure tightness.
- Seventh, measure the connections before the water line is reconnected.
- The third to the final step is the cleaning of the threads before securing and connecting the gas line. Use a wrench to adjust and to make sure that everything is sealed and shut. The union fitting should be the last one to be connected because it is the one that connects the fixed line and the new one.
- After everything is installed, you must check if there are leaks in the gas water heater. If you see bubbles, then you have to reconnect and adjust the joint.
- Lastly, you will have to light the pilot, then turn on the control knob and if you hear anything igniting, then your heater is set to go.
Helena Smith is a blogger from www.activegas.com.au, one of the leading suppliers of heaters and hot water systems.
Latest posts by Sanju kmr (see all)
- 7 Ways to Maximize Your Workers’ Productivity with Office Design - July 13, 2017
- 11 Inspiring Living Room Makeover Ideas on a Budget - June 6, 2017
- How to clean Office chair - May 28, 2017