Three Important Steps for Planning a New Kitchen
Revamping and updating a kitchen can be one of the most costly and time-consuming renovations associated with home ownership. Although it is great just having updated cabinets and countertops, there are also other areas that need to be considered.
A large amount of time is consumed in the kitchen preparing meals and entertaining which makes it imperative that a great deal of thought and effort be put forth when considering the layout and workability of the area involved.
1) The first step and probably the most important step is coming up with a workable budget. To do this, it is necessary to determine the scale of the kitchen remodel. Items that need to be considered are kitchen cabinets, countertops, appliances, flooring, lighting, and wall coverings. These areas will consume a large portion of the allotted budget.
2) The second step is to determine where to purchase your cabinets. Another factor to consider is the quality of the cabinets desired. As with any purchase, there are different levels of quality such as low, medium, and high end products. There are several different options available.
Discount outlets: In the past few years, several discount cabinet distributers have opened up across the country. Many of these stores usually have a manufacture discount due to the large volumes they purchase. Designs may sometimes be limited but this could prove to be a worthwhile place to begin your search for cabinets.
Home Improvement centers:
These types of outlets are also a great option for purchasing cabinets. As far as quality
goes, they usually deal with low end to medium end cabinets. The nice thing about purchasing at a home improvement store is the option to purchase all the other items needed such as lighting, flooring, and backsplash material.
Kitchen Design Centers:
Kitchen design centers are a great place to go if you are looking to purchase a medium to high-end kitchen cabinet. These places are usually the most expensive but offer a very high quality product with many upgrade options available.
3) The third step is deciding on the style and color you desire for your cabinets and countertops. This can be a very difficult and stressful decision due to the fact that there is a large variety of different styles and colors available.
Choose Style and Color
Depending on your taste, you can choose from a rather large variety of styles.
A few examples are Antique, Contemporary, European, Country, and Traditional.
These are just a few of the many styles available.
Once you make a decision as to what style of kitchen you desire, you will also need to make a decision on a door style and cabinet stain color.
This is also the time to decide on upgrades such as pull out trays and other options available
As you can see, there are many important decisions that need to be worked out in the planning stages.
A kitchen is often times the lifeline, the center of the home, which makes it a major undertaking when the time comes to renovate. It is important that you take your time and put in a good deal of thought before arriving at a decision.
About the Author: David Schuller is a “figure it out” type of guy who has been active in the handyman, carpentry profession for over forty years. David is currently a writer for Fix up This House.
Latest posts by Sanju kmr (see all)
- What Types Of Flooring Are Best Suited For Use With Underfloor Heating In Melbourne? - July 16, 2018
- Make Your Home Look Cool with Custom Made Blinds - July 4, 2018
- Why You Should Choose Ready Made Curtains With In-Built Linings - June 22, 2018