Home is Where the Heart is: The Contemporary Interior Design Tips
You must be yearning to revamp the look and feel of your home. However, you must be wondering, how? To get your queries resolved, you may consult some of the contemporary home decor tips discussed herein.
Modern interior design tips for contemporary living
These are some of the ways that can add zing to your otherwise mundane-looking house and turn it into a loving home:
- Mix them up – If you can, then make a concoction of conventional design standards with that of something ultra-modern. You can take the edge off your dining room’s formality with a smart pendant from a high-end designer label and club that with a Swedish cabinet. A perfect dose of contemporary living!
- Improve their looks – Now, you don’t have to spend a fortune get a taste of the elite life. You can very well upgrade whatever you have at the moment to give them a fresh, appealing look. This strategy can remarkably transform the entire look of your home’s interiors. Take examples of the Englishmen, these folks are famous for transforming the look of a particular thing to something very different like using curtains as upholstery and vice versa.However, if you do not prefer to go that way, then you can at least replace the existing frames of the pictures with something new or repaint an area with unwanted stains and so on.
- Use more patterns – Now, its time to get some handle about the proper use of patterns. In case, you are wary of using print, then use them sparingly or in a subtle manner to decorate your home. You might not like patterns but then you can ask your interior designer to use that for curtains. In this way, you won’t get to see the pattern getting repeated.This is because if you use patterns on the sofa, then that amplifies the design but when that same patterns are used on the curtains, then the folds minimizes their impact.
- Add distinct colors – It might happen that hanging objects aren’t your thing, then in such a case, you may make good use of colors to give a dramatic look to a certain area of your home. This can double up as your style statement too! To begin with, if you have a bookcase, then you can paint it orange that’ll highlight its palladian artwork.This is a smart way to turn a bland object into an attractive piece of art. As a result, you get to enhance the style quotient of your room, instead of having a furniture installed to store household items.
However, one of the biggest blunders that you should avoid is to clutter your home with loads of obsolete and unimportant items.
Latest posts by Sanju kmr (see all)
- 5 Eco-Friendly Lawn Care Tips for a Lush, Beautiful Yard - March 21, 2018
- How to Design your Interior to Appeal to Everyone - March 21, 2018
- How Can I Keep My Home Cool in summer - March 15, 2018